There are a selection of good pubs locally
- The Cruwys Arms, Pennymoor, EX16 8LF (2 miles) Tel. 01363 866662
Set in the peaceful Devon village of Pennymoor, the Cruwys Arms is a delightful 16th Century Inn offering great food served daily, real ales, beer garden and a function room. The pub also offers a skittle alley, pool table, dart board and a juke box.
Opening Hours: Monday – Sat: 5:30pm – 11pm: Sunday – 12 noon – 2:30pm and 7pm – 11pm
- The Ring of Bells, Cheriton Fitzpaine, EX17 4JG (2 miles) Tel: 01363 860111
Whether it’s a quiet pint and the crossword, a cheese and pickle sandwich, a refined three course meal, a few drinks with friends or somewhere to take the children, the owners have made it their mission to create a pub for everyone.
Monday: Closed; Tuesday to Saturday: 12pm – 2.30pm & 5.30pm – 11pm (9.30pm for food); Sunday: 12pm – 3pm
- The Cadeleigh Arms, Cadeleigh, EX16 8HP (3.5 miles) Tel: 01884 855238
A traditional pub, with good food, who occasionally have live entertainment.
Monday: 6pm – 11pm; Tuesday to Saturday: 11.30am – 3pm & 6pm – 11pm; Sunday: 12pm – 3pm & 7pm – 10.30pm.
- The Black Dog, Black Dog, EX17 4QS (4 miles) Tel. 01884 860336
A traditional local pub.
Opening Hours: Mon – Sun: 6pm – close; Wed, Thur, Fri & Sun Lunches 12 – 2.30 pm
- The Mount Pleasant, Nomansland, EX16 8NN (4.5 miles) Tel: 01884 860271
Renowned Village Freehouse Pub & Restaurant.
Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday:11:30am – 11:00pm. Food served all day from 12:00 midday, last orders at 9:15pm. Sunday: 12pm – 10:30pm. Food is served all day from 12:00 midday, last orders at 9:00pm
- The Fisherman’s Cot, Bickleigh, EX16 8RW (5.5 miles) Tel: 01884 855237
The Fisherman’s Cot nestling on the banks of the River Exe at Bickleigh is very picturesque. It boasts beautiful gardens and areas where customers can enjoy the stunning river setting.
Opening Hours: Food is served each day until 9pm.
- The Lamb Inn, Sandford, EX17 4LW (6 miles) Tel: 01363 773676
Award winning gastro-pub.
Opening Hours: They serve bar snacks from 10.00am till 6pm (excluding Sunday) and a full menu from 12.30pm – 2.15pm and again from 6.30pm – 9.15pm every day.